Health News January 2021
1.Start practicing meditation.
There are scientific studies that show many of the benefits of meditation. In just a few steps, meditation improves mood, reduces stress, reduces anxiety, and increases brain gray matter involved in muscle control, sensory perception, decision making, and self-control.
Way to do meditation:
- Breath: Try to appreciate the sensation of your breath in the same way that a wine snob tastes a cabernet.
- Emotion: To cultivate positive emotions, retain emotional stability, and engage in mindful behavior.
- Arms/hands: Relax your shoulder and arms, letting your hands rest on your thighs. Alternately you can also place one hand on another in your lap.
- Legs/feet: If you are sitting on a chair, keep your feet flat on the floor and your spine straight. If you are sitting cross-legged on a cushion, the important thing is to have your knees below your hips.
- Eyes: If you want the experience to be more bodily, close your eyes. If you’re going to feel more anchored in the space you are in, keep your eyes open.
- Time: Meditation is not about time; it is about the frequency.
2.Learn something new every day.
Set your determination to learn new things every day to understand the world better and how it works. Fortunately, the Internet makes learning new things straightforward, just like free website online courses.
3.Pick up a hobby
Having a hobby is good for you because hobbies can lower your stress levels, boost your brainpower, and improve your concentration. Therefore, let us start a new hobby in 2021.
Play is an essential source of relaxation and stimulation for adults. Besides, it can make you more creative and productive. Bring more freedom to your life by making it a New Year’s aspiration.
5.Eat fewer calories
There are many reasons why most of us need to set ourselves to eat fewer calories. The reason is not only to lose weight but also significantly enhance the immune response. A study by the Journal of Gerontology, Biological Sciences in 2009 showed that short-term calorie restriction for six months in humans improves T-cell function. Being overweight also increases your risk of various severe health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, and cancers.
6.Move around more
It does not matter what you do. Get a pedometer to take at least 10,000 steps a day. Sitting all day, stretch every 20 minutes, or move. Living a sedentary lifestyle makes you feel sick, is more likely to be overweight, and increases your risk of depression.
7.Read more books
Reading books improve your brain function and state your mind, and reduce stress.
8.Be more grateful
Studies are showing that gratitude can make you 25% happy. Think for a moment. You can be 25% more satisfied just by taking the time to count your blessings and thinking about all the good things in your life. Gratitude also helps to overcome adversity, improve sleep quality, and make better friends with others.
If you did not achieve your goal last year, it could be due to procrastination. Let us stop procrastinating, and in 2021, start getting things done.
10.Spend more time in nature
Spending time in nature makes you happy, boosts your immune system, and makes you more creative.
11.Enjoy the little things
Learn to enjoy the little things, such as going out at night to see the stars and walking barefoot in the grass.
12.Enjoy your indoor plants
- Allergy Relief: Researchers found that rooms with plants have less dust and mold than rooms without any foliage. The plants act as natural filters to catch allergens and other airborne particles. Common low-light houseplants like Chinese evergreen or the peace lily can do the job.
- For room moisture: The study found that spider plants’ collection boosted the relative humidity in a bedroom from 20% to a more comfortable 30%.
- Air Purifiers: Houseplants can soak up volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Some good air-scrubbers are English ivy, asparagus fern, and dragon tree.
- Relaxing Lavender: Some studies suggest it may help calm you and help lower any anxiety.